- What We Collect: When you visit our website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis and/or website use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and/or others browse our website. Roma Foundation collects the following information:
- Telephone Number
- E-mail Address
- Donation Amount
- Website URL information
In addition to providing the foregoing information, if you choose to correspond further with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We provide the same protections for these electronic communications that we employ in the maintenance of information received by mail and telephone.
- How We Use Donor Information: Roma Foundation uses donor information for the following:
- Receipts for donations
- Contribution thank-you letters for year-end tax purposes
- Inform donors about Roma Foundation activities
- Track and analyze donor information
- Reporting purposes
- Website Use Information: Similar to other non-profit websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” (see explanation below, “What Are Cookies?”) and “web server logs” to collect information about how our website is used. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our website, and the websites visited just before and just after our website. This information is collected on an aggregate basis. None of this information is associated with you as an individual.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are a feature of web browser software that allows web servers to recognize the computer used to access a website. Cookies are small pieces of data that are stored by a user’s web browser on the user’s hard drive. Cookies can remember what information a user accesses on one web page to simplify subsequent interactions with that website by the same user or to use the information to streamline the user’s transactions on related web pages. This makes it easier for a user to move from web page to web page and should make your online experience easier and more personalized.
How Do We Use Information We Collect from Cookies?
We use website browser software tools such as cookies and web server logs to gather information about our website users’ browsing activities, in order to constantly improve our website and better serve our donors. This information assists us to design and arrange our web pages in the most user-friendly manner and to continually improve our website to better meet the needs of our donors and prospective donors.
Cookies help us collect important technical statistics. The information in the cookies lets us trace the paths followed by users to our website as they move from one page to another. Web server logs allow us to count how many people visit our website and evaluate our website’s visitor capacity. We do not use these technologies to capture your individual email address or any personally identifying information about you although they do permit us to send focused online banner advertisements or other such responses to you.
- How Do We Protect Your Information? We utilize encryption/security best practices to safeguard the confidentiality of personal information we collect from unauthorized access or disclosure and accidental loss, alteration or destruction.
- Do We Disclose Information to Outside Parties?
- What About Legally Compelled Disclosure of Information?
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights.
- What About Other Websites Linked to Our Website? We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website nor the information or content contained therein.